View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #1
GodLover
Registered Users
seller

How to Co-parenting with the impossible parent...

A little background-DH and I have been together for 9 years. He has a son from a previous short lived relationship. For the most part we have always had more custody. Currently his son lives with is FT, going to school with us and goes to bio mom every other weekend. Last year in court he told the mediator he did not want to go back and forth and felt his mom didn't take the time with him so thats why he only goes there everyother weekend (prior it was every weekend.
We have tried many times to have a stable no hostile relationship for the sake of the boy but her mental issues will not allow her to do so.
Parenting with this women is nearly impossible-She parents the exact oppostite and refuses to allow/change/modify anything -I swear its on purpose just to have some sort of control. It is never a dull moment in life with her around-mind you she is remarried with 3 other kids and still finds time to harass and email frequently.
So my question is how do you co-parent with someone like this?
Example-say we ask to swap weekend she always says NO, but yet she will send the boy with her moms. The boy is always in the middle frequently telling us his mom tells him to ask us things and report back to her, rather than her being the parent and calling. Oh wait did I mention all communication is only via email-we actually have NO contact #'s for her. He is not allowed to communicate with us when he is at her house-he got in trouble for calling us at one point this is when she changed her #'s.
The boy sees all this and is in the middle, and it is starting to wear on him, last week he came home and broke down for no reason finally after talking with him he says how hard it is for him to listen to his mom bash us and continually grill him about our life and he just wants a normal life. I have never cried so hard!
My husband and I are at a loss-We have yes done our fair share of getting under her skin but have also done our fair share of trying to make a better relationship for the boy.
We have tried to make her see what she is doing to him but it seems like she could care less.
Any suggestions or anyone else have to deal with the other parent being absolutley unbearable????
Any help would be great
GodLover is offline   Reply With Quote