View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #3
goMamaMel
Registered Users

Re: Resources for quick vegetarian meals?

Vegetariantimes.com has a massive database of vegetarian meals.

As far as the beans, I like to soak a big batch of beans overnight and then cook them the next day, then if i dont think i'll use them within the week I freeze them in seperate containers. That way when i have a meal i want to use them for i can pull them out of the freezer and they are ready to go!
I'm not strictly vegetarian but i rarely cook with meat, so beans tend to be included in most of my meals. One of my favorite recipes is:
3 Bean Salad
3C of a variety of cooked beans (ex: black, pinto, kidney)
1C Corn (frozen or fresh)
2 Peppers chopped into pieces (ive used red, anaheim, pablano--whatever you have)
Red onion chopped
Scallions

2tbs Apple cider vinegar
2tbs olive oil
1t cumin
1t chili powder
salt & pepper to taste

Sautee the veggies on med-high to get a slight browning. Add veggies to beans in large bowl. Whisk together the dressing. Mix it all up!
i've found it keeps for a week in the fridge.

Also if you like curry, this recipe is simple & quick and you don't even need any carbs to make it taste yummy. Just the sauce over veggies.

I make black bean & cheese tacos at least once a week. Seriously the easiest meal ever. Tortillas, black beans, cheese, & anything else you have that would go with it-- salsa or tomatoes, avocado, leftover brown rice, hot sauce, sauteed onions-- they're popular around here.