View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 02:17 PM   #36
Lilybug1
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone get sick of the judgement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermama View Post
In my case, before I found the job that I did, it was literally not able to afford it. We were living on a shoestring as it was. The jobs I could find that actually entertained hiring me were day jobs, the same shift DH was on, and paid minimum wage, which is just under $80/day. Daycare here starts at $40/day for full time. We lived in the country, and I don't drive, so I'd have to take a taxi, since DH would alredy be atwork to the tune of about $25 since I'd have to drop DD1 at daycare. So we're talking 65 of my 75 bucks gone on a good day. On a bad day, I wouldn't get a full 8 hour shift, but still have to pay the daycare for a full 8 hours, and probably need to get a cab home, putting me in the hole for the day. We even considered moving into town, but between the drastic rise in rent and the extra gas to get to DH's job, we'd be in the same boat. It wasn't until the afternoon dispatching position opened up that I was able to find a job I could actually make money at since it was afternoons (no childcare) and next door (no transportation).

Sorry, I should've bolded and underlined the part that said "sometimes" it can be an excuse. I didn't mean to imply that I know everyone's true financial situation.
Lilybug1 is offline   Reply With Quote