View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda_lynn86
I just purchased 6 flip diaper covers and no inserts. I was thinking of using prefolds with them but not sure what would work best. I would love to hear what others are using and how they work for them. I would like a trim fit but also absorbent. I was going to use a cheaper prefold but will that give my baby a rash? Would it be a good idea to also use a piece of fleece over the top of the prefold? Would the stay dry insert be a better option? With the stay dry insert it seems by looking at it that the poo would leak into the cover often. Does anyone use liners in their diapers? I was wondering if using a liner would cause a rash. Sorry so many questions I am fairly new to cloth diapering. I have a 2.5 year old boy and only cloth diapered him once in while. I am expecting a little girl in 4 weeks and would like to have everything ready to go before she gets here. Do these diapers fit a newborn well? Thanks so much!
I prefer the Flip organic inserts but my DS is a HW...they are probably overkill for most kids. I would try plain prefolds or flats. I don't like the stay-dry inserts, personally. You can use liners but you don't have to. I would try them without first. I don't think the Flips would work well for a newborn at all. I have heard of others who used them but they didn't fit my DS until he was 3-4 months old and around 14 lbs. They were actually one of the last OS diapers to fit him. Grab some nb covers if you want to CD your DD when she gets here :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote