View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 01:58 PM   #33
mandymatus
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: freezer cooking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-of-QTs View Post
YES! This will be baby #4 for so having the wellness or energy to cook meals even right now is difficult. I don't cook meals anymore. I do all of my grocery shopping on one day and then spend the next couple of days cooking and freezing. I make at least two of everything and freeze it so all I have to do is grab, pull, and warm-up for dinner. I cook things for up to two weeks worth of meals. Two weeks is just because that is all the freezer space I have. It has been working out wonderfully because if I am having one of my headache spells, am too exhausted or nauseated... the family can still eat. I will keep doing this until baby is born and probably continue after.
like you i am really lacking the energy to continue to cook and clean daily. although i'm only on my third baby, they are all very close in age requiring a lot of time and energy) i thought i'd have more energy come the 2nd trimester, but no such luck! i'm working this week to get some meals in the freezer and hopefully here shortly i'll be able to get into a rotation of only cooking a few nights a week. i like your idea though...how many different meals do you do for the 2 week period?

also where are you getting your recipes from?