View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 09:37 PM   #1
quinnNjesse
Registered Users

Told the kids....plus advice needed!

Ryan and I took them to the park....I gave them each an earphone and played the heartbeat for them OVER AND OVER AGAIN. They had no idea what it was. Lots of crazy guesses...one was an "arachnid"....(oh quinn!). Other guesses were harry potter's train...fish...and various other hillarious ideas that I can't remember. So then I gave them each a bag. In it was a t-shirt for each. Quinn's said "Big brother (again!) and Jesse's said "Big Sister (finally!). I had them printed the other day with some of their favorite characters on it. Star wars for Quinn and Monster High for Jesse. I thought it would be obvious at that point but they didn't GET IT!!! We read them out loud together over and over, trying to work out the "puzzle".

Finally I had them both look at me. I held my dress tight to show my rounded tummy (usually flat) which had been somewhat hiding in my dresses for the past month or two...and I said "does anything look different about mommy?" Quinn smiled, looked shy and said yes. I said " what?" and he said "i'm going to let Jesse say it". (THANK you my son, that avoided a fight!). Jesse said..."mama, you look PREGNANT". I said "i am pregnant". Jesse said "no your not". We went back and forth like this (I am, your not, I am, your not for real, I am, no your not) for a while until she finally believed me!!!! And even after she finally believed me, she did ask a few more times if it was really real. It was cute and quite funny. I didn't expect her not to believe me.

And now for the part I need advice or a hug about...ulgh...I think I made an error here. On the way home jesse had a million questions...and one of the was where will the baby's room be? I probably should have avoided the question but I decided to be honest.
Thing is, what we are doing is renovating the basement and creating a nice brand new bedroom down there (and and office, laundry and tv room) and we are going to move Quinn downstairs in about a year (we will keep the baby in our bedroom for 4-6 mos). He will be over 11! Perhaps closer to 11 & 1/4. (right now he's 10. Anyways Quinn is NOT happy. Like bawled his eyes out in his room, not happy.

I was only able to get him to calm down by saying MAYBE jesse can move down there (she SAYS she wants to) however in retrospect I really don't think that is probably a good idea as jesse GETS INTO STUFF. *(recently diagnosed as mild ADD and she has always been INTO EVERYTHING...never know what she will do really....) Then I back tracked and said that there are no promises but we will see.

So I was thinking of moving his stuff downstairs next summer and he can sleep down there if he wants or in the bed next to the babies crib (leaving his twin there, he is getting a queen bed, another thing that upsets him...sigh) BUT he will likely find that very exhausting and then maybe move? Ulgh, I dunno.

My girlfriends say that I should involve him in the decor and he will likely be ok. I already said he could pick the paint colour and he says he wants it to be the same as his room now (pale yellow). I don't know what else I can suggest that can make his tween room seem more fun than being in his old room? Any help?
quinnNjesse is offline   Reply With Quote