Old 09-02-2012, 02:16 AM   #4
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Really want to try overnight diapering for my heavy wetting toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by laineypaige View Post
I just tried using 2 padfolded flats in a pocket diaper for my 20 month old, and I was surprised how well it worked. I covered it all with a wool soaker just in case it leaked but I would have been fine without it. Tonight I'm trying to bamboo inserts in a pocket, again covered with a wool soaker, just in case
What type of flats do you use? And wool scares me! Both the upkeep/care and the price to be honest. Do you have any wool tips? Or have a brand or seller that makes a good wool cover?

And I'd love to know how the bamboo inserts work for you! (and which ones you're using)

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamommy View Post
I use a BG 4.0 stuffed with a large cotton flat and a joeybunz hemp insert behind it. Its never leaked for my 2 yr old! You may need two hemp inserts for your super soaker. They're amazingly trim and very absorbent.

I use a pocket because I think the suedecloth inner does a good job of keeping their skin feeling dry. I would hate to sleep in a fitted, personally.
I like that you're able to use a pocket overnight! (although we do have some BG 4.0's and I don't think they'd fit her that well if we really stuffed them to capacity. But I definitely like the idea of her having some a dry feeling overnight.
Which hemp inserts do you prefer?

Thanks!!
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote