View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #19
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Microfiber inserts no longer absorbing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiftyB View Post
I do a short hot wash/cold rinse with no detergent, then a long hot wash with cold rinse (my only option) with almost to the 1 line of Tide original HE powder, then a sort hot rinse. I hang dry all the PUL and dry inserts, wipes, prefolds, etc. on high heat.
How about washing your inserts separately for two washes. Do you have a He washer? Unless you have a very small machine or run small loads I don't think to the number 1 is enough to actually get your inserts clean. Do you have any washing soda? If you can't find any some one just posted a link on how to make your own in the oven using baking soda. Wash you inserts with bleach as much as you can like 1 cup. Bleach does not hurt microfiber. Use double the soap and a 1/2 cup of washing soda. Then wash again with regular amount of soap and washing soda and a 1/4 cup of bleach then rinse twice.
so basically you would be stripping your inserts without dawn. The washing soda is a detergent booster. I used it in every wash and I have never had to strip my diapers in over a year. Occasionally when I wait too long in between washes and then I just wash them twice. I have noticed microfiber does take more soap to get clean than cotton.
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote