View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #4
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!
Re: Resources for quick vegetarian meals?

we were meat eaters until 6 months ago so I tend to cook all the same things I cooked with meat, but substitute a variety of veggies where I'd normally use meat. For example, what used to be chicken enchiladas, I will cook up a handful of brussels sprouts, radishes, a 1/2 of a zucchini, yellow squash, onions, garlic, and whatever leafy green I have on hand (like spinach or kale) and continue the recipe as usual without the chicken. Same thing for chicken-less pot pie. I follow the Paula Deens Hurry Up Chicken Pot Pie recipe.

My go-to easy recipes are sushi with whatever raw veggies we have on hand, pesto pasta or hummus wraps.

ETA: i forgot to mention, another favorite is risotto, which can be done with whatever you're feeling like. I love a porcini mushroom risotto filled with lots of mushrooms, we also love asparagus risotto in the spring, but you can do it with carrots or squash, whatever is in season.

Last edited by divabeadz; 09-03-2012 at 02:18 PM.
divabeadz is offline   Reply With Quote