REPEAT C/S OR VBAC?
I find myself debating daily over repeat c-section or VBAC. i have done my research over and over again and have talked to my MW about this. Since i had DS i was positive and 100% certain of a VBAC.
DS was a tough delivery. I was 10 days overdue, had to be induced, was in labor for about 9 hours with no progression stuck at 7cm for the longest time. then his heart rate kept dropping and alas, emergency c-section was decided. At the time, i had not done my research. I didnt know if my hospital did or didnt do VBAC'S, i didnt know that there would be such controvsery over repeat c-sections or having a VBAC, i didn't know all the statistics.
I want to be able to experience birth the way our maker had experienced and intended. I don't want to be numb and strapped down to a table with needles stuck inside my arms. I want to see my baby being born and be able to share and experience with my baby what he/she is going through. It is such a beautiful and a once in a lifetime moment. Every birth is different.
My MW delivered my son so she knows just how big he was (a whopping 10lbs, 13oz and 22 1/4in long.) I asked her if the hospital does VBAC's. she looked at me, smiled and said "no, we do not." still with a smile on her face, then patted my leg and said "i'm sorry." I then asked "Well, what is the nearest hospital that will perform a VBAC?" she told me about a hospital nearly 2 hours away. I would have to set up an appointment with one of the doctors there and go over questions and risks and blah blah.
While i still would LOVE a VBAC i find myself asking "is it safe enough? what IF i am the .1% that has uterine rupture? is this the best decision for my baby? is this even possbile? what IF my baby comes out almost 11lbs? will my baby have shoulder dystocia?" While i am confident in my body i just myself second guessing myself all the time.
For now i plan on having a VBAC. i plan on making an appt. a little farther into my pregnancy with the doctor from the hospital i'd be able to get my VBAC. and i plan on still researching and talking to my MW about this.
Have any of you dealt with a desicion of VBAC or repeat c-section?
What did you end up with and why?