View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
joeslittlewoman's Avatar
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 3,915
Re: REPEAT C/S OR VBAC?

I had a CBAC after a 2nd failed induction. I don't regret trying, though I wish I had been bolder about some other decisions along the way. Failure to progress both times (heart decels the 2nd time after getting an epi). No sign that I am incapable of birthing my babies, so I still have to answer this question again. Only with a VBA2C and another hospital banning VBACs, I have even fewer choices.

I don't know what the answer is, as I am still trying to figure it out for myself. My options are a HBA2C, possibly switching to the only doc who does VBACs anymore (likely with pressure for another [earlier] induction), or stick with the doc I love and have a "natural cesarian". At this point I am only considering options 1 and 3. If my hubby can't get comfortable about being out of the hospital, I'm probably just going to stick with my doc.

The risks are pretty low in either direction. I think you just have to go with your gut. An option you might consider if you decide to VBAC out of town, is to find a midwife/monitrice (sp?) near you who would stay with you as you labor at home, travel, and labor in the hospital. That way you would have someone there to monitor in case there was an emergency. Might relieve some anxiety?
__________________
Wife to Joe. Proud, tired mommy to Captain Destructive (6/09), Sir Screams-a-lot (8/10), and another little miracle due 3/13.
Trusting God brings life. Believing brings rest.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote