View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 12:39 PM   #4
melissalaurel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: If you had a hospital VBAC, what did they "make" you do at the hospital?

I was told intermittent monitoring was fine and would only be mandatory if I had an epi. Which is not what went down as soon as I checked into L&D.

My biggest problem was that the two dr's I saw all throughout my pregnancy were not the dr's at the hospital delivering that day. Had I known upfront that I would have had to have my water broken and internal monitoring as soon as I walked in the door I would have found another provider asap.

I had to have constant internal monitoring after they broke my water (which I also begged not be done), an internal monitor in my uterus, and one in the babies scalp. I was allowed to walk with my iv pole once I was all hooked up but the weight of it all (emotionally and physically) made it impossible for me to move around.

Pitocin was started while I was sleeping (my husband or mother okay'd this I believe, I don't honestly know).

I did get lots of skin to skin contact with my just born baby and that made up for everything I went through to get him out. And I would choose another crappy hospital vbac over a repeat c-section any day.

mom to 5 boys and expecting a GIRL in January.
Melissa Laurel Fiber Artist
Ravelry profile: melissalaurel
melissalaurel is offline   Reply With Quote