View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
redpajama
Registered Users
seller

Huge Hand-Dyed BG Flip Lot...

[IMG][/IMG]

I have a full set of Bumgenius Flip diapers in organic cotton. I hand-dyed these myself and have only ever used them as my "back-up" system, which is to say, my "oops-I'm-behind-on-the-laundry" system.

[IMG][/IMG]

I have 20 organic cotton inserts, which I hand-dyed with fiber-reactive dyes (so they won't bleed). Each is a different color. Only one diaper has a true "stain" (a very faint EBF baby-poo stain), but about half of them have discoloration of some sort--mostly a sort of "bleached" effect (I never used bleach on them) that I have observed in other organic cotton diapers that I've dyed (particularly organic Kissaluvs, but I've never seen it happen on "regular" Kissaluvs). So it's a bit of a mystery, but my guess is that it has something to do with the pH level of urine (?) because that (pH) is what causes the dye to bond to the fabric in the first place. Anyway, I photographed each of the diapers that has this "staining" and I'm happy to send the photos to anyone who is interested--just didn't have space to upload them all here. It's relatively subtle/small on most diapers, but on a few it covers a lot of the diaper--pinks and purples are particularly susceptible to this "bleaching" effect, for whatever reason.

[IMG][/IMG]

I also have 6 covers, with snaps. 2 green, 2 pink, 1 blue and 1 light orange.

[IMG][/IMG]

I purchased everything here new--one or two of the inserts were never used. The covers are in EUC, and the diapers range from GUC-EUC, with most falling in the VGUC category (some have more washwear than others, for whatever reason, and, like I said, about half of them show some dye-inconsistencies).

It would be my (strong) preference to sell these as a lot, but if I still have them in a week or two, I'll split them up.

$165ppd for the lot of 6 covers and 20 organic cotton inserts.

(INSERTS SOLD--COVERS AVAILABLE FOR $50PPD)

PM with interest. Thanks!

Last edited by redpajama; 09-25-2012 at 07:57 AM.
redpajama is offline   Reply With Quote