View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinMommaplus2
This is my DH's response to more kids... anyone have a SO like this?

I feel like how much better could this be, right? He would have a baseball team, he LOVES our kids, he supports us and worships the belly! and on the other I kinda want him to REALLY want to pursue that conversation... his thing is I do the "work" here so the majority of responsibility lies with me... but his input is a MUST for me... I guess I just want to hear him say the it the way I need to hear it. Or is it just that easy for him?

Would this be a victory here and I should pat ourselves on the back and get to DTD or would you want the same on the communication end of things?

What do you need to get knocked up? no pun intended
That was my DH's go to line until I said "six or more". Then he changed his tune pretty quickly to "uhhh NO". It's something I struggle with, so yes, I would like for him to kind of go back towards the more moderate "whatever you want".
However, I do understand where you're coming from and I think I would want the same thing from my DH if I were in your shoes. But (at least, this is the case with us) my DH is very laid back, very calm and moderate personality, doesn't get easily excited or upset, etc. whereas I am on the opposite end of the spectrum and can be bawling one second and laughing the next (not really, but you get my point). So it's hard for me to accept that it's just his God given personality that he doesn't get THAT excited or enthusiastic or fired up about things (even babies!) as I do.
Just tell him how you feel. but to answer your original question, if it was my DH I ultimately wouldn't question it and would have as many babies as possible before he changed his mind. Lol
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote