View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #26
el's mama
Registered Users
Re: We don't even care if it's healthy

Congratulations on your baby!! I had two boys first and we didn't find out the gender with our 3rd. Yep, everyone from friends to the checker at Walmart would ask "Are you hoping it's a gril?" or "Is this *finally* your girl?" Finally? As if my only reason for procreating were to get a daughter? Are my boys disposable?! I got really sick of it. I thought it was a boy and felt very protective. Well, our 3rd did turn out to be our beautiful baby girl and I was utterly thrilled about it, but I would have loved another sweet boy EVERY bit as much. I'm expecting our 3rd boy this month and some people have actually said "Aw" in a disappointed way when we told them it's a boy. I guess 2 boys and 2 girls is "perfect". I actually was hoping for another boy! I think he will be the perfect addition to our family. I also think people need to mind their business and learn how to ask questions tactfully, or not at all.
In with my DH, crunchy, attached Mama to 4. Homeschooling, long term breastfeeding, CD'ing, babywearing, homebirthing. Could I BE anymore addicted to cloth?!
el's mama is offline   Reply With Quote