View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 03:12 PM   #22
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: I wanna know- What DON'T you let your kids watch????

She is allowed to watch Yo Gabba Gabba when I'm in the shower and DH isn't home.
I introduced her to Veggie Tales the other day when we were on a very long all day drive.

I cannot say much about what I have 'banned' as I've pretty much banned any and all other watching (she did watch Finding Nemo when we were riding in a friend's car and her child has to have tv in the car *eyeroll* )

I am very much opposed to:
-Spongebob
-any show where the parents are shown as idiots
-any show where the characters are whiney

At other people's houses, I have seen snippets of that one where all the characters are shaped like their words with letters and stuff. I think I would allow that one later once I am open to more tv watching.

A friend of mine posted photos of her 2 children watching Spongebob for the first time the other day. Both toddlers were slackjawed and wide eyed.. staring mindlessly at it. Most of the friends posted that they loved how Spongebob did that to their kids. There was a tiny debate as to the study regarding that show (and shows like it) but mostly everyone said that it was stupid to care and the show was funny.