View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
joyfullyliving
Registered Users
seller

Not doing it "right"

My DD is 2yrs 10mo. old. We started potty training in April. She doesn't tell me when she needs to go. She doesn't poop on the potty except for the rare times we've caught her in the act. (Half in/half in the pants) She isn't motivated to put her clothes on or take them off (my fault?). She doesn't pull her own pants down without me telling her to do it. I'm SOOOO tired of staying conscious of when she needs to go, did she go, etc. It's frustrating, and I go in waves of feeling like a HUGE failure.

She's so verbal and picks information up quickly that I thought she was ready. Now I've got her in BG OS with snaps or Best Bottoms with snaps because I am tired of cleaning out dirty underwear. I don't know what to do. Should we spend a few days outside without anything on underneath before it gets cold? Should I put her in underwear, which doesn't seem to make a difference? Since she doesn't tell me when she's had an accident!!! Should I put her back in diapers, stop telling her when to go (which she hates) and see what happens?

I'm so frustrated by it all. She does often stay dry as long as I take her every two hours. However, I want her to get it, and it's sending me over the edge. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks.
SAHM to S 10/09 and A 8/11 and expecting #3 1/14 and wife to my

Blessed. Thankful.
joyfullyliving is offline   Reply With Quote