View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #41
Pyrodjm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: how do you protect your kids from molestation?

Special ed children are "alone" with adults all of the time in school. Many of them have therapy a couple of times a week and it is specified to be on on one. Meaning that the speech therapist works with this child alone as oppose to a group of 2 or 3. Most of the OTs and PTs that worked in the school I worked in were male. They sometimes shared a therapy room with other therapist but some kids are VERY easily distracted and need to be alone to focus. The idea that the school would pay a person to just sit in a room while a therapist works one on one with a kid is silly. All of the classroom doors had windows that we weren't allowed to cover and most office and classroom doors were left open anyway. My paras and I were often alone with one of my students. We took them to the bathroom and assisted with dressing and toileting. Sat with them while the rest of the class went to do a fun activity that a child has lost out on due to poor behavior. Waiting in the nurse's office for her to come and administer meds. It's not uncommon and while I understand the concern, I think it's misplaced.
Pyrodjm is offline   Reply With Quote