View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 09:45 AM   #1
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Found heartbeat(s) MoM please weigh in (loss mentioned)

I will be 19 weeks on Tuesday. I haven't been to see anyone about the pregnancy because I kept losing babies around 15 weeks so I wanted to wait it out (doctor fear-hater here). I was supposed to be seen last week, but they canceled and I am getting seen now at 20 weeks.

I wasn't feeling movement this morning so I checked for a heartbeat and instantly the doppler got smacked, so okay relief, but still wanted to check the heart (my doppler doesn't have a BPM counter), I go hunting and find one heartbeat nice and strong near my pelvic bone on the right, then I did a quick scan around to see where the placenta is now (it's on the move constantly) and found another heartbeat, nice and strong in the upper left area. So I went back down to see if it's still down near my pelvic bone, and yes, still there too. They were found about 6" apart (baby is about 5-6" long right now I think). The heartbeat(s) sounded similar enough that I couldn't tell if they were a different rate.

Maybe I'm getting both front and back of the baby?

Twins are great and all, but I have had a heck of a time keeping 1 baby alive. I don't want to walk in to my appointment in a week and get totally blind-sided with "hey you're having twins" but at the same time, I don't want to be worried unnecessarily about twins if this is normal for singletons and I'm just not remembering since it has been 5 years since I've been this far along.

Any thoughts would be great.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew(9), Luke(6) and James (2/13). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more!

Last edited by yellowitchgrl; 09-17-2012 at 07:40 AM.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote