View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #7
reneaumommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Aspergers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-Momma View Post
My 5 yo and my DH have Asperger's. I agree with the PP that anxiety plays a big role in AS. Also, how is he with eye contact? Does he make eye contact when he speaks to you? Jonah will look every where but AT the person he's speaking to. When I ask him to look at me when he's speaking, he will now, but he starts fidgeting and gets very anxious and can't keep the contact.

The thing with Asperger's is that there are so many different quirks that go with it and no two Aspie's are the same. At our first ped appt where the possibility was brpught up, I didn't do much of the questioning, it was more answering their questions. I agree with the idea to have it all written down because my mind blanked at the million and one questions they were askng me. Good luck!
He won't look at me when I speak to him even when I ask him to. A lot of times he will just ignore me or seems to. So then I will tell him to look at me and he will acknowledge I am speaking but not keep eye contact while I speak.

When he speaks he makes eye contact and his face is very expressive. I have always said it is almost like I can see him thinking.

He is above average intelligence. His memory is excellent.

I put him on a soccer team and he hates it. The coach is a friend of ours and he is very good with him. This past Saturday the coach asked him if he wanted to play and Cullen said no and kicked the coach.
reneaumommy is offline   Reply With Quote