Old 09-17-2012, 05:45 PM   #20
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What comprises "unnecessary"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Also, just so you know where I'm coming from with my philosophy, I am generally pro-modern medicine. I'm not against natural alternative remedies, either though. Without very specific and regular monitoring and intervention for DD1, we would have lost her on top of losing her twin sister. I personally feel that too little medical intervention can be just as bad as too much, sometimes worse depending on the the situation. Good luck!
It all depends on the situation, definitely. What is necessary for some women, isn't necessary for all.
But I also believe that there's really not much we can do to keep things from happening - with Elliana's pregnancy I had the most care that I've had since my first pregnancy, and... well, she died. Even though I did everything "right", she wasn't okay. Sometimes things just happen, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I can't understand why regular blood or pee tests would be at all necessary simply because I don't get them. The military gives you the bare minimum and that means we do blood and urine at the beginning and not again.

but I know it's hard to convince people sometimes that things aren't necessary when they're accustomed to them.
They do a urine dip at each appt (whether with the family Dr, OB, or MW) here. I've never bothered refusing it because I always have to pee anyways!
And the bloodwork is necessary for me, with each appt. I (and my Dr) want to know what my platelets are doing, so we can adjust my care if necessary. But this is a situational thing for me, not a generally needed thing, kwim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
Anything else anyone thinks we should have?
You can easily get test strips for urine dips, if you want to keep tabs on that too.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote