View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #10
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: How do you do playdates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kason's mommy View Post
Mine are in the morning and I always put an ending time on the invite. 15-30 minutes before I want everyone to leave I start the kids cleaning the playroom. Normally the adults are playing a game and I will say ok last game before clean up or something like that. I have everyone bring lunch and we do potluck style or picnics in the yard.
Tis about what I do. I usually make playdates 9-11 but tell people that it's ok if they run late, but everyone is usually out by 12. When I invite people, I let them know that we'll be playing for the first hour, then we'll do a craft, and when we clean up the craft it will be snack time. If the kids are playing well, sometimes we'll play for a little longer. Sometimes crafst take a little longer. But as crafts are finishing up I pull out the goldfish crackers and some apple slices for the kids, start putting away the crafts stuff, and tell the other moms 'Thanks for stopping by! We'll have to do this again in a week or two!' and usually most people leave right after snacks.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote