View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
kaylabelle05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
GF cinna-sticks and breadsticks

Oh what a pregnant woman will do to fulfill a craving.

So I am GF and have been 100% since April. And since becoming pregnant in June I have craved most wheat things (cinnamon rolls, Froot Loops, fruit pies....) but obviously I can't or I will get massive heartburn & facial psoriasis.

So I still make things for the family that have wheat in them. Today I made the kids a home-made churro. The kids liked it and I craved it even more. I NEEDED to eat something that had butter & cinnamon/sugar. So I went on the hunt to put those things on something so I could eat it as I couldn't just order cinna-sticks from Domino's.

I went through my cabinets and found a package of GF pizza crust. It popped into my head immediately about cinna-sticks from Domino's and breadsticks from Pizza Hut. Since the package could make 2 "pizzas", I made 2 breadstick things. I made them in about an hour and got my craving fulfilled. Oh it was wonderful! And surprisingly tastes almost exactly like Domino's cinna-sticks minus the extra bad stuff.

So for Domino's cinna-sticks:
1 package of GF pizza crust. Make as normal.
Cut in half and put half in a casserole dish (preferably square)
Cook normally.
When you are supposed to put the toppings on the crust, brush butter on the crust.
Cook for another 10 mins.
When done, take out and flip over on cutting board.
Brush more butter on the flipped side.
Then cover with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
Cut into strips about 1" wide.

Home-made icing:
1 stick butter (1/4 lb.)
1 cap (about 4 drops) vanilla
1 lb. (box) powdered sugar
Milk (enough to make the proper consistency for drizzling)
Add butter, vanilla and half of powdered sugar. Add milk and rest of sugar until icing is the correct consistency for pouring over cinnamon rolls in a thin stream. If not pourable, add a few drops more milk at a time; if too thin, add a few tablespoons of sugar at a time, stirring in until thick enough.

For breadsticks:
Instead of cinnamon/sugar mixture, put breadstick mixture on it.
Brush on olive oil
Then put following mixture on breadstick rectangle
2 tablespoons dry parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon oregano
Cut into strips about 1" wide.
Use pizza sauce for dipping!

Oh I need more after typing that out!
And all of this because I couldn't call Pizza Hut or Domino's!

Last edited by kaylabelle05; 09-18-2012 at 11:21 PM.
kaylabelle05 is offline   Reply With Quote