View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #1
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

getting a bit concerned, help me not be paranoid

I have had "braxton hicks" contractions since like 13 or so weeks. I always have a lot of contractions, it's perfectly normal for me.

I am due in 4 weeks and 2 days. This morning, every time I get up, I have a contraction. I happened to notice last night before I fell asleep that they seemed to pick up a smidge (after telling my doc at my last appointment that they had started to slow down a bit ) Since 8am, I am estimating I have had probably 3 an hour. They aren't hurting any more than normal but the frequency is starting to make me nervous.

As in, my last one was at 11:50 and I just had another one kick in. So, right on about 20 minutes apart.

Like I said, they aren't hurting more than previously (though, they do hurt, but then they have the entire pregnancy) but I feel like a bit of an adreneline surge along with them, they are occasionally in my back and those two things are making me nervous.

DH is at work and he works an hour away. In addition, he only got this job about 6 months ago...his 6 month mark isn't up until the 26th and he's "on probation" until then. I absolutely cannot call him until I KNOW this is the real thing. And I am too early for it to be the real thing.

I am home with my 2 yr old and almost 4 yr old and do not have a sitter close enough by to go in for a quick check. I have people that can come up to watch the girls if I NEED to...but I really NEED to need someone, if that makes sense. The closest reasonable sitter is at least a half hour away. My hospital is only 2 minutes away so if I had someone right here, it wouldn't be an issue...I just don't have someone right here.

Clearly, rest and drink water is the first line of defense. so I will be trying that. Beyond that, if I call my OB, I am concerned they will tell me to come in just in case. And as I described before, I need to be sure there's a need before I do that.

Help me not be paranoid.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote