View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:35 PM   #16
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: For those with kids in dance

There are 4 studios here in town. 2 have dances that are more sexy & tend to have more gymnastics moves(pretty much like Dance Moms without that extreme craziness). 2 are more classical.

My kids go to one of the more classical ones. THe other classical one the owner used to dance & teach at my kids studio.

They do offer ballet, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, pointe, tap. The 2 studios that aren't classical have modern, acro-jazz & other dances like that.

The song choice for the recital may be picked already I wouldn't wait until near the recital to bring it up, however it probably won't change anything. I know at our studio it wouldn't. You don't get any say in song choice unless you're doing a duet/solo & even that depends on the teacher.

The song choices they did pick, honestly majority of those kids are probably listening to those songs & they're picked so the kids can enjoy the dance. They are also young kids they need a peppier song vs a classical song. There are kid version of quite a few pop songs & clean versions of them.