View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Wearer having fettuccini with chicken tonight. DS turned 10 today and that's what he wants. I sorta made up my own recipe to it wince I don't like jarred Alfredo sauce.
Melt a stick of butter and then add some heavy cream. We drink 1% milk so I use that instead and just add a tsp or so of cornstarch to thicken it a little. I add an 8oz container of Feta cheese (garlic and herb, yum!) and a little parmesan to it, salt and pepper to taste.
The chicken breast is just tossed in a pan with a little olive oil, sprinkled with s&p and cooked through. I just dice it up and throw it in. Takes about 30 minutes including the time it takes to heat the water to boil. Easy peasy!
We will probably have a side of green peas or corn, which are his fave veggies.

ETA: I use one box of whole grain/wheat noodles and one box of regular. Everyone complains if I just use the whole grain or wheat noodles. This is enough for dinner and leftovers for lunch for me and dd.
ETA: Totally meant to type 1/2 stick of butter, not a whole.
Autocorrect has helped me type this.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm

Last edited by myclanof6; 09-20-2012 at 01:34 PM.
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote