View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #1
Funky Birdie Boutique
Registered Users
Formerly: chefwendybird
seller

My Mood:
23# 14mo needing a new carrier... suggestions?

Plz excuse the musing-ramblings of a mama that loves to BW and wishes I had enough $ to buy one of everything... who doesn't right?

I got all the way through dd1 and never needed more than our stretchy wraps, but this time around we have 2 WAHM stretchy wraps, a WAHM mei tai (I can't seem to get right-seems to short to hold her securely), a baby K'Tan and a commercial carrier we never use similar to Bjorn-can't think of the name

Here's us in a nutshell:
-She's a leaner, she pushes back from me when facing me in a wrap or K'Tan
-I really wanna put Lexi on my back, I think she'll love it
-I am not the most coordinated with getting her on my back
-I guess I have narrow or slope-y shoulders, everything with straps falls off me
-I'm not a skinny minny nor am I very tall (almost 5'4", size 16), oh yeah big boobs too, DD's+
-I still wanna be able to carry her in front too
-She likes her arms OUT!! LOL!
-I want to be able to wear her, well, forever so you know, has to be good for little toddler on up

I'm bummed cuz I did get her up on my back pretty easily sitting in a chair using the mei tai, but our's doesn't go high enough on her back and the straps are placed at the corners so they go around the caps of my shoulders instead over them.

There are several things I've always to try but being that the holidays are approaching, my extra cash is pretty well spoken for so tho I can carve out enough to do prob one, I don't know that I will have more than that atm.

Wondering about:
-Woven Wrap, all the awesome hardcore carrying mamas in my area have a play group and they all make em look so easy breezy to use and they are just so classic kwim? BTW I know very little about brands... help?

-SSC's, specifically Beco, Boba, Ergo... these are just the ones I've heard most about. There are so many versions of each of these, HELP! Really liking the sound of the Boba 3G after what I've been reading.

-Moby, I always thought my WAHM stretchies were great but my neighbor used her moby in front of me the other day and it seemed so much more substantial than my single layer ones

Would I be wasting $ to do a woven or moby with her being so old? Also any advice on what I might be doing wrong or how to carry her/wrap more properly so I don't have shoulder slip MUCH APPRECIATED!!! (I've always wondered if she should be a bit higher than we tend to wear?)

Thx for taking the time to READ all this, let alone answer! LOL!

Baltic amber teething & healing jewelry
Come join us:
20% OFF FOR DS MAMAS ONLY, LIMITED TIME SPECIAL!!!!
Funky Birdie Boutique is offline   Reply With Quote