View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone else have a bigger family but a small house?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky-Momma View Post
We srated telling friends and such this week that we have another little one coming. I'm 17wks tomorrow (#5) and the reaction were about what I'd expect... except a couple people brought up the size of our house. Wr have a small, 3 bed 2bath 1100 sq ft house. No basement. Right now I have 2 boys sharing a room and 2 girls sharing a room. Our friends were concerned about where the new one will go and even brought up the fact that we could get in trouble for having so many people in such a "small" place. Is that true? Anyone else have a bigger family squished into a small place?
We were renting an 800 sq ft house when we had #4, it was DEFINATELY squished but it worked for a few months til we bought our current 4 BR/2 BA house now. When we did move in here though we gave the girls the Master BR since it was bigger- we have 4 girls so right now my son has his own room (when they were little it didn't bother me them sharing a room but now that they're older we don't do that) the 3 older girls have a double loft/bunkbed and the baby has her own room. Having said that we want more! And we always get comments like "aren't you out of room" or "you've got a full house" all the time. At this point I've learned not to care what people think or say. They aren't paying my bills so it's none of their business. I say do what you can afford. Kids adjust and do fine as long as they are in a safe/loving environment. It's better to do that then have to worry about money for things you can't afford every month or you/DH having to work more to afford some high payment for a bigger house. I can't imagine there is any state that would allow someone to be kicked out for having 3 kids in one room renting or not.
Happily Married 1- DS age 10 DD's ages 7 and 8 a 4 yr old DD and 3 yr old DD and another girl! born 6-14-13 - now with lucky #7- due in Jan/14
812ajack is offline   Reply With Quote