View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #13
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH

Her workouts are fast, intense, and interval based, so you are moving extremely quickly from one exercise to the next. There are small spurts of jumping jacks, running, hopping, etc., but nothing for more than literally a minute or two. Your heart rate is elevated for the entire workout (if you do it properly and don't lag) so you don't NEED cardio. Strength training burns fat faster, builds muscle, retrains your metabolism more effectively, whereas cardio (especially extended cardio - more than 30-45 minutes) tells your body to conserve resources (retain fat), slows your metabolism, and more often than not does not significantly build muscle.

Of course some cardio is better than sitting on the couch, but loads and loads of cardio is not good for your body. In the workout plans laid out in the book, there is room for you to incorporate cardio if you so desire, but it is not the foundation of her fitness program nor it is KEY to having a killer body. Rather, cardio encourages a "skinny fat" runner's body.
Lol. Guess I have the 'skinny fat' runners body.

I just ran a 1/2 marathon, 27.5 weeks pregnant. LOL!! No ones ever called me skinny fat. Hahaha.

Paired with yoga, I get abs, legs definition and amazing arms. My crossfit friends? Beef up and don't get smaller. My Bootcamp buddies, they look fabulous. They mix running/interval trainning.

My box (gym) friends are often converting to runners. Lol!!

Its Cali we all workout here! Just finding what works for your schedule and your BODY is key. No workout works for everyone. I'm actually really surprised at how beefed up my crossfit friends are. They can flip tires.. But never lose the bulk or bulge.

I like a happy medium and nothing feels better than running to the top
Of a mountain and swooshing down the other side. Running brings me to nature. I need nothing but human powered ambition.