View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 10:30 AM   #15
savingmomof2boys
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981

Lol. Guess I have the 'skinny fat' runners body.

I just ran a 1/2 marathon, 27.5 weeks pregnant. LOL!! No ones ever called me skinny fat. Hahaha.

Paired with yoga, I get abs, legs definition and amazing arms. My crossfit friends? Beef up and don't get smaller. My Bootcamp buddies, they look fabulous. They mix running/interval trainning.

My box (gym) friends are often converting to runners. Lol!!

Its Cali we all workout here! Just finding what works for your schedule and your BODY is key. No workout works for everyone. I'm actually really surprised at how beefed up my crossfit friends are. They can flip tires.. But never lose the bulk or bulge.

I like a happy medium and nothing feels better than running to the top
Of a mountain and swooshing down the other side. Running brings me to nature. I need nothing but human powered ambition.
I don't think I would call a "runners body" skinny fat. To me "skinny fat" is someone who is slim but doesn't work out or eat healthy. There are people who just have a high metabolism and can eat what ever they want without putting on a ton of weight. But if they were to go get there body fat % accurately tested, they would probably come back with a high body fat %. Just because someone is skinny doesn't mean they are healthy and that is what I would consider "skinny fat".

I find a happy medium by running and lifting heavy. Running gives me cardio and burns calories and lifting gives me muscle definition.

I know lots of crossfit people who are built nicely but aren't bulky because they still cut down there body fat % with their eating habits.
Everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for another.

Join me on Swag Bucks to earn Free Giftcards!

Also Earning CASH with Jingit!!
savingmomof2boys is offline   Reply With Quote