View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
sojomisa
Registered
seller

Re: School lunches and an unhappy kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megenic View Post
DD started kindergarten 2 weeks ago. If I do say so myself, I am a pretty awesome lunch maker. I send lots of variety, fruit, veggies, cheese, milk. I ask DD what she wants every night and pack it. Now she's coming home sad because the other kids "all" have this pre packaged crap - bear paws, rice krispie bars, chocolate granola bars, etc. She wants to know why she can't have that too. Now I am not against treats and am by no means totally anti sugar. However, I don't buy that stuff and when we do have treats I try to make them healthy and we don't have them all the time. We're not allowed to send homemade things go school. It just irks me because the school has this whole thing about emohasizing healthy lunches, but I guess some parents didn't get the memo :-( and it makes me sad for DD even though she likes healthy food and knows why it's important.

Has anyone else ever dealt with this? What do you tell kids?

Really? You couldn't make cookies and pack her one? How would they know they weren't store bought.

My oldest asked for slushes everyday for the first 3 weeks of school. For the time being I've allowed her to get a small one on Fridays.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote