View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Homeschooling check-in

I'm in! DS is in 8th grade, and this is our first year HSing and we started in the middle of August (we decided kind of last minute). We are doing a year round schedule, so I schedule frequent short breaks. We worked M-Sat for 4 weeks, just had last week off, and we start back up again tomorrow. It was nice to have a break.

I changed his science curriculum (CK12 Biology), so he gets to start that, and I also found a free online sign language class for his foreign language. I have always wanted to learn sign language, so I will be learning with him. He is deaf in one ear, so I thought this would be a good language for him to learn. I'm excited to start it!

We use Alpha Omega Lifepacs for history and language arts, CLE 700 for math, and now CK12 for science. He is reading The Book Thief for reading, and now the sign language. We also do various cooking and craft projects for home ec.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.

Last edited by somo_chickenlady; 09-23-2012 at 10:43 PM.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote