View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #14
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: We feel called to adopt but have no idea what we're doing ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynneBabies View Post
Young, fairly healthy kids not bring adopted by their foster parents just doesn't happen here. I mean, it must, but is so very rare. All the foster homes taking in littles want to adopt or are at least open to it. It isn't that way in all places though. We don't get a whole lot of info initially, but there's usually enough to see if it will be long or short term. Course it doesn't necessarily go that way. None of mine have had surprise endings, but they moved on some things quicker than expected. I don't mind short term placements, but they know we really want the ones with a chance at adoption in the end. Our current one does, but they look at family and siblings HARD here so not holding my breath.
yes very rare here. Getting a healthy under two year old TPRed is like winning the lottery...it nearly NEVER happens. the state adoption worker i spoke with said word for word "the easiest way to adopt a child is through foster care." and i wanted to reach through the phone lines and slap her! clearly she is not a foster parent! but what she meant is to have the highest chances of adopting a relatively healthy young child relatively quickly (within 2-3 years of placement until finalization i'm guessing) is to foster. it is so hard not knowing. i hate doing things last minute and i'm afraid to buy dfs a halloween costume because i'm afraid he'll go back before then!