View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: I don't care what you call it, it still hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BESMama View Post
For what it's worth, I had my 3rd baby epi free (my 1st and 2nd with epi) and yes, it hurts. But after a while you just sort of zone out and time goes away. When you really can't take it anymore, you're likely in transition. But if you want a med free birth you have to mentally prepare that drugs aren't an option.

I found pushing was about a million times easier when you could actually feel the urge (vs. with an epi where I was not 100% sure when to push or how to push).

Good luck!
Well it's not *that* important to me really, last time I went without the thing thing that sticks out most to me was me asking myself why going epi free was such a big deal. If I can't do it again, I can't. I have done two without epi, and one with...and they all pretty much suck the same for me. All the epi did for me was dull a bit of the pain, it never actually numbed me or made it less intense and certainly didn't remove the "urge to push." For me there's no "urge to push" it's just "OMG, slow the freaking freight train down I need to take a breath for criminey's sake!: lol
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote