View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
missmagoo
Registered Users

Question Night Diaper for DD with different sized thighs :(

My four month old DD has a medical condition called primary lymphedema which causes swelling in her left leg only. So, her right leg is a tiny chicken leg, and her left leg is probably the size of a solid 9 month old's. We wrap her leg at night to encourage the lymph fluid to drain, but it is sort of getting 'stuck' between the end of the wrap on her upper thigh and the elastic of her diaper.

Right now, we are using 4.0s at night. We use covers and prefolds or BGE during the day. We EC, so I like having something stay-dry on her at night so she sleeps through her pees, but I am open to trying something else too. I am also looking for some new covers, because the sized Thirstie's and Wee Huggers are too tight. Flips seem to be the best

I was thinking about wool or fleece covers, but the wool covers come down too far on the thigh to work with the leg wrap. I wanted to try the Happy Heiny's fleece covers, but I'm having a hard time finding them (any suggestion there?), and I don't know that we could use a fitted because I think that would create the same issues we are having with the 4.0s being tight.
We also have the issue of the rest of her being small (she is 13.5 pounds), so we need a good deal of adjustability so that there is snugness around the waist and her small leg.
Help! ANY suggestions appreciated!
missmagoo is offline   Reply With Quote