View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #44
somo_chickenlady
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Homeschooling check-in

Today went great! I really like having an older, more independent learner, b/c if I'm not feeling well (like this morning), he can just do his work on his own since I have all of his assignments for each day written down for him.

Today we started the sign language course, and DS really likes it! We both had a lot of fun with it!!

DS told me today that he has never liked school as much as he does now since he is home schooled. He likes it so much, that he usually has half of his work done before I even wake up in the morning! LOL It makes me feel really good about our decision to home school, like it really is the best choice for us.

Also, we are Christian, and we go to church, but DS is really active in the youth group. I didn't plan on doing a bible study with him, but he asked me today if he could, so we found a good program for that also which we will start tomorrow.

After 12 years of TTC #2, multiple miscarriages, failed infertility treatments, and two failed (not on our end) attempts at becoming foster/adopt parents in two states...we gave up. I stick around for the awesome conversation.

Last edited by somo_chickenlady; 09-25-2012 at 04:14 PM.
somo_chickenlady is offline   Reply With Quote