Old 09-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #47
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homeschooling check-in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Wow, Kristin that sounds busy! That's a lot of littles to worry about on top of homeschooling and regular household stuff.
I'm really enjoying reading up on what everyone is doing....this is going to suck up way too much of my time!

Today has not went as planned but it has been a good day. We were talking this morning about family structure with God at the head (which was not in the lesson plans, lol) and how it goes out from there. So then we decided to make a huge poster for DH/Daddy for all he does for us. So the kids wrote "Thank you Dad, for taking care of us" and then they drew several pictures about it (going to work, cutting wood, playing games, ect.) and then we put all our handprints on it. We're leaving it out for him to find when he comes home, because we won't be there then. He'll be super thrilled.

Then (also not in the lesson plans) my children took it upon themselves to sweep the whole house for me. They're wonderful little people. The oldest one said that they were going to take tomorrow off, then sweep it again and that would cut down on my work. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen, but they are so sweet.

This afternoon will be long--they always are on Tuesday. I have the kids eat early and go to nap/rest early because we leave at 2:30 for gymnastics. They love gymnastics but the LO needs her sleep. She has gymnastics at 2:50, then we wait around in Willow until 6:45 for my older girls gymnastics class. It's fun sometimes, but can get kind of old. We go on walks, play at the park, catch up on homeschooling, picinic and that kind of thing. Maybe we'll make up for the stuff we didn't do this morning!
Uhhh, yeah! Most people think I'm insane.

Our days are going reasonably well. Our biggest problem is that there is a lot of noise and I mean A LOT!!! There's always a battle between the 2yo's b/c someone is always taking someone else's toy and with the babies, someone always needs fed, rocked, changed, etc. DD2 is very easily distracted and has a hard time doing her work. If she's downstairs (daycare area), then there's the distraction of the kids and if she upstairs in the living room or in her room there are hundreds of possible distractions. Today, I sent her upstairs to take her math test and when I went to check on her 15 minutes later, she had painted her nails! She did finally finish her test, but it took a lot of nagging on my part to get it done. I feel like if I were able to sit with her and give her all my attention, we wouldn't have these problems, but the situation is what it is, so we just muddle through.

I'm looking on advice for how to get to that subject that always falls to the wayside. For us, it's history and science. In the schedule, we are supposed to work on it over lunch, but DS gets home at 12:20 from pre-k and by the time we get everyone fed and cleaned up it's naptime. During naptime I work with DS on his reading, DD2 on her math (to get around the distraction problem). Then everyone starts to wake up and in the evening, we are headed to our activities. We get home between 7:30 and 8, eat supper and hang out with DH when he gets home at 9. I have good intentions every day, but somehow end up not doing it. Suggestions?
Get craft kits from Kristin's Crafts for Kids and on FB
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote