Old 09-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki
I'm planning an HBAC, but having trouble finding a midwife that I feel comfortable with who will work with a previous C-section. The one I really liked said she doesn't feel experienced enough, but would be willing to doula for me in a hospital birth. The one who will do an HBAC is kind of a brusque woman with whom I just don't quite click.

I floated the idea of paying them both, so I'd have someone I was comfortable with but also the chance for HBAC, and DH looked a little pale but said we would do that if that's what I really wanted. Love him.
Thats tough to not have an option youre totally excited about. My midwife does VBAC a lot and is very experienced in the "eventful" birth which makes me feek so at peace with her. I lost a lil more blood faster then usual with my HBAC and she was on top if giving me a shot of pitocin right away not waiting to see what happened which my husband and I both appreciated.
Ask how many Vbacs they have done, what the outcomes were. I think if the one you dont like as much has a good success rate with it, that would be a comfort to make her look better. If she doesnt then thatd be another strike agaist her.

We live near Portland Oregon which is very natural living friendly and are blessed to have a large pool of midwives. . .I know some areas are much harder to find a good one.
Hopefully anotger option you like will pop up.

Sent from my phone, excuse any typos.
My ISO/IHA
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote