pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: coconut cream concentrate ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandis View Post
It's more like ground, dried coconut rather than a condensed or evaporated milk like you were thinking. I thought it would be like that, too, but it's more like a nut butter. I would compare it to trying to dilute almond butter to make almond milk. It just doesn't really work that way. Sorry.

Before I really understood what I was dealing with, I used it to make "creamed" spinach, but really, it was grainy and not the right texture. I just added a bit to the pan and then added water till I liked the consistency. You can dilute it in sauces like that as long as the texture doesn't bother you, I guess. But it can't really be a milk substitute... at least I never figured out how to use it that way.

Oh, I'm sad. I was thinking that I would put it through a fine mesh strainer after I dilute it to remove the solid bits. I think I might call the company and ask. I wasn't thinking of it like reg. milk but rather coconut milk that comes in cans. I want to use it in my curry dishes.