Thread: Wrap questions
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #3
Hannabee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Wrap questions

I've been doing a lot of researching into woven wraps, and hopefully will be buying my first woven soon!

As I'm brand new to the site, I can't post links, but I can suggest what to google!

The Weird and Wonderful World of Woven Wraps - This is one of the most helpful blog posts I've found, and it's a nice introduction into wovens, sizes, types of material, etc.

Also, check out Pax Baby's Woven Wrap Guide - This is another good 'introductory' type page, and also gives a mini-glossary of some terminology found in the 'wrap world'

A lot of sites say that it's good to start with a 100% cotton wrap, as it's the easiest to clean (washer/dryer). The general consensus is that some of the best 'starter' brands are: Girasol, Natibaby, BBSlen, Storchenwiege, Didymos, and Dolcino. Striped wraps, or ones that have different colours at the top and bottom, are easier to start wrapping with, as you can tell the difference between your top and bottom 'rails'.

Size 6 (4.6 meters) seems to be the standard size for most people to be able to do most carries. Here is a list of carries, with notes about which length of wrap you need according to your size (sm, med, lg adults) Due to your height I'd probably go with the 'large' reccomendation.

Hope that helps! I have loads of notes and bookmarks which I am more than willing to share; I just don't want to overwhelm you!
Hannabee is offline   Reply With Quote