View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 06:28 PM   #6
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tetralogy of Fallot (x posted in special needs)

I haven't been through this, but our second child, a boy, was discovered to have many health complications before he was born and it was extremely frightening to experience. Through that experience I gained perspective on several things:

1) a reality check that there are no guarantees in life. period. no one is guaranteed a healthy baby or child, and a child born with good health can have a painfully short life for a number of reasons beyond our control and a sick baby can turn out to live a nice LONG life!

2) I also learned that babies can be some of the most amazing little fighters out there! Medical care is also pretty amazing in this country...and the combination is pretty incredible sometimes. We were told our son would be in kidney failure by age 2 because of his condition. He prooved them wrong and is doing great (he's almost 4 now).

You and your baby will be in my thoughts and prayers in these coming months. Please keep us posted! Are they giving you any idea of what to expect just yet?
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote