clothdipemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Luteal phase question

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetabean View Post
I was just reading about lp on ff. This is what it said:

"Luteal Phase (LP): This is the time from ovulation until the end of the cycle. If you conceive, the fertilized egg will implant in your uterine lining roughly 7-10 days into this phase. If there is no conception, the uterine lining will shed (this is your period) and your body will begin to prepare for a new cycle. This phase usually lasts 12-14 days but can last between 10-16 days. The length of this phase is fairly constant from cycle to cycle for the same woman. Progesterone is the hormone that dominates this phase."

So, 10 days would be the shortest time in a "normal" cycle. Are your shorter than that?
Yes, this is what I've heard too. Ten days is borderline defect. I noticed ever since I've had children, my LP has been on the short side. Usually 10-12 days. I've also heard BF can make you have a short LP phase. I take complex B vitamins and B6 to lengthen my LP phase, and it's seem to have worked in my 3 past pregnancies. I have no experience with prescription drugs.
Wife 09/06, and Mom to GirlBabyr02/08 BoyBabyr 10/09 and GirlBabyr 09/11 and #4 :Girlbabyr 08/13
clothdipemama is offline   Reply With Quote