View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #1
Sweetbabybows
Registered Users
seller
seller

Isabelle Mariana is here!!! lots of pics

I had my membranes stripped Monday afternoon and Isabelle was born very early Tuesday morning. My labor was very different this time, last two started with my water breaking and no real contractions till we got to the hospital and started pitocin.

I got home from the doctor appt and DH family was coming over for dinner he was cooking so we got ready for that and I had a few contractions during dinner and decided to go take a nap just in case I woke up around 8:30 with more contractions. I started timing them but like I said this time was way different so I didn't know if I was really in labor or it was just from my being stripped (never been stripped before either). By 10 they were around 10 min apart, I told DH I would give it another hour to see what they were doing before I decided to go to the hospital or not. By 10:45 they were 4-5min apart and we decided to go. I had to pack a bag still and we called MIL to come over a be with the girls since they were already asleep.

We got to the hospital around 12:15 and I was only dialated to a 4 was not quite a 3 at the dr that afternoon. So they said they would watch me for a hour. I was a little upset about the bc I knew I wanted an epidural this time and I was already done with the contractions. They admitted me 45 min later and got things started. She skipped checking me again and got me in my room and was trying to get things done to get me so pain meds of course all that took awhile she gave me some morphine but it didn't do anything but make me a little light headed for about 30 sec. My vein blew the first time she tried to start the IV so I have a huge bruise on my arm from that.

My contractions were getting really bad some I would have a small break inbetween and some would ease up about half way and another one would start. The guy finally came in to do my epidural a little before three. She was busy getting the other stuff ready so still hadn't checked me again. So after the epidural was in and I was starting to get numb she went the check me and my water broke everywhere and she said I was complete!!. I think I was numb for only about 20 min before she was born.

She was out in 1 1/2 pushes! I ended up with two skid marks that the dr put stitches in. I'm surprised I didn't tear more since she came out so quickly. She has been nursing great and latched on perfectly from the beginning. I feel amazing as well.....never needed and pain medicine and they sent me home with a prescription for pain meds but I haven't even filled it or needed anything. That day the only thing that hurt me was where I got the epidural. Neither of us slept very well in the hospital but were home last night and she slept in bed with me and only woke up to nurse a few times so I finally got some sleep.

Here's a few pics

Her first diaper

Meeting big sisters

Karmen and Adrianna were so good. We thought I would be discharged around noon on wed so my mom dropped them off at the hospital with us before going to work around 9. We ended up not leaving until almost 4 so they spent most of the day in that little hospital room with us.

All dressed up in their matching outfits waiting to go home!!

I only had to turn the TV on for about the last hour