View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #9
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Re: Can we talk diapers again.....puleasssee,I need help

Are you really truly shooting for minimalism and keeping only what you really need? If so, then.....

I would cancel your order for the new OS dipes (because I am cheap like that) and stick with your 44 current pockets. Assume that you will mostly use mediums on your toddler but use the larges when you run out of mediums, they will work in a pinch. I would also sell all the prefolds and all but 4 fitteds for nights/rashy days. It will be a long time before the new baby will need nighttime diapers and you can re-assess then.

If you don't like that idea, then sell the medium and large pockets and 14 of the regular prefolds. Keep the 36 OS pockets and 12 tie dyed prefolds if they are important, that will make you feel better about my drastic cuts .

I would also sell your infant prefolds. By the time your newbie can wear those easily, he will fit in the OS dipes.

I have CD 2 kids multiple times. IME the right numbers are 48 TOTAL OS dipes for 2 kids. I wash twice a week--in the beginning, three times a week. By the time the newbie is in OS dipes, they are going through fewer dipes a day, possibly STTN (so only 1 night diaper), and the toddler will be using only a handful of diapers a day and maybe even daytime trained.

I like to have 36 newborn/small and 24 medium/large/OS for 1 child, but you don't need to quite double that for 2 kids. Because you run out of pail space before you use them all up.

Last edited by Melinda29; 09-28-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Melinda29 is online now   Reply With Quote