View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Re: No pregnancy while bf'ing.

You know, I didn't even think about it or realize it until I saw this post, but with my current pregnancy, I got pregnant almost as soon as I was totally finished BFing. My youngest weaned VERY slowly, over the course of like 2.5 months. AF showed up, irregularly at first, around 3 or 4 months post partum. We were exclusively BFing until she was about 9 months old, then from about 12months to about 14 months was when we were in the process of weaning, finishing off before she was 15 months old. She was just about 16 months when we got pregnant again. We were not trying not preventing the entire time.

Ironically, I went through something similar when I got pregnant with DD3. AF showed up at just 8 weeks post partum with DD2. It messed up BFing and DD2 was only 5 months old when we stopped BFing, and AF totally regulated soon after. I ended up on anti depressants at around 8 months post partum for PPD. After trial and error, the one I finally settled on worked ok, but had the awful side effect of totally and completely messing up my cycles. Upon research I discovered that messed up cycles were due to the med (risperdal) having a strange side effect of increasing PROLACTIN levels in the blood. I weaned myself off the Risperdal when DD2 was 13 months old...and just a few weeks later had a positive pregnancy test.

Huh...interesting. Really....I never really put all that together until this post.

Clearly I can never stop bfing this one until DH is already fixed. lol. We are DONE.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote