View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 06:37 PM   #14
anj
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Too much babywearing or the wrong crrier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Ducky View Post
The only sort of carrier I would ever even consider doing that with would be a frame pack from Deuter, Osprey, Kelty, of Vaude. I would never do that in a pack that wasn't designed by a backpacking company.

Also, the "waist belt" is supposed to sit on the upward curve of your hips. Just so you know. x_x'
It's different for everyone, but I am way more comfortable carrying our 23 pound toddler all day in my kinder pack than the kelty. I didn't find the kelty especially comfy, but it does let me carry some gear plus the baby to lighten my husband's load when we are backpacking. I stopped using the kelty for anything besides overnight backpacking trips in 2006 when I got my ergo. I have since owned a beco butterfly, a boba, an angel pack, a babyhawk oh snap, and a kinderpack. I absolutely love my kinderpack!

OP, I would avoid the ring sling for anything longer than 30 minutes. Two shouldered carries are so much easier on you back and neck! When my oldest was born, I had the kelty and the ring sling. I wore him a lot and hurt a lot. I was gifted the ergo while pregnant with ds2 and was completely comfortable wearing almost constantly for 6 months and several hours a day for another 1.5 years. I have tried all the above carriers with dd and none come close to my kp. I recommend trying one if you get the chance.