View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 03:09 PM   #13
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do you decline family fundraisers?

We just say no. We also don't try to sell anything either. We will sometimes ask Grandma if she is interested in anything, but we don't expect her to buy anything. And if its something I know she has no interest in or is no good for her we don't even ask. Ours this month was an entertainment coupon book. Most of the locations for the coupons are local- an hour a way from Grandma. So we didn't even ask her. But I feel like I have to buy it thought- blah. $20 and we will get the money out of it, but most of it is restaurant coupons and we're trying to stop eating out so much. But the send a book home with the child and say you have to return it or pay for it. I feel bad returning it. I really wish the school would just ask for donations rather than selling stuff. We did already use $18 worth of haircut coupons out of it, but I just wish we didn't feel like we HAD to buy it.