View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:13 PM   #1
CM6755
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Breastfeeding Gift Basket for a New Mom...ideas?

Here is my list of what I would like to include in a Breastfeeding Gift Basket to a friend of mine who is a Rainbow Babies Nurse and a FIRST TIME MOM! She is due in late December and I plan on getting this in the mail asap as I am due in mid NOV! I would like for ANYONE to chime in with suggestions that I may not have thought of. If you have a lactation cookie/bar recipe please feel free to pass it along!

Breastfeeding Gift Basket, DIY-style
Assembled in a nice storage tote/basket big enough
to store all necessary items for a nursing session.

Information packets- This was my big thing that I wanted to give the basket for. I included 13 different La Leche League tear-off sheets, grouped into three categories

General Breastfeeding: just general info on why you would want to breastfeed and such. Includes: The Importance of Breastfeeding, Breastfeeding Tips, Establishing Your Milk Supply, If Your Breasts Become Engorged, and Tips for Rousing a Sleepy Newborn.
Common Issues: issues I felt were common enough for new moms/babies and not so scary as to make her not want to breastfeed. Includes: Are Your Nipples Sore?, Treating Thrush, Is My Baby Getting Enough Milk?, and Breastfeeding After Cesarean Birth.
Working and Breastfeeding: because I believe she’s going back to work. Includes: Working and Breastfeeding, A Guide to Pumping Your Milk, Manual Expression of Breast Milk Marmet Technique, and Storing Human Milk.
All three of the bundles were rolled up so that they had the title of the most relevant information sheet facing out and tied with ribbon.
Note cards with:
LLL League meeting/leader info. Schedule of La Leche League meetings in her area. Breastfeeding websites that I have found helpful (please include links of your favorites!)
Refillable Water bottle with her fav sports team logo (cause sitting down long enough to watch a football game is non-existent now!)
Lactation Cookies already made in a tin, with recipe and extra dry ingredients in a jar to make more
Lanolin Tube, Medela and Laniosh
Nursing pads, disposable and cloth
Mother’s Milk Tea
Good quality chocolate bites
Nursing cover
www.kellymom.com
Hot/Cold packs
LLL: The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
Earth Mama ANgel Baby Happy Momma Spray and Nipple Cream