Thread: Homebirthers
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 06:11 PM   #11
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:
Re: Homebirthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2ManyBlessings View Post
I know Im not the only one Who else is having a homebirth?

Is this your first? If not how many homebirths have you had?

What are you most excited about? Biggest fear?

When is your first appointment with your midwife?

Anything else youd like to share?
This will be my second homebirth.
My first was a homebirth. It was a really wonderful experiance! He was posterior though, and had shoulder dystocia.
My second was a birth center (lived to far away for MW to drive). He was also posterior. We ended up transferring to the hospital, where I had him naturally after 2 more hrs of labor, because they worried about meconium aspiration.

My third was a planned c/s, because he had hydrocephalus.
My fourth was 16 days late, an induced, failed v-bac with no progression after 9 cm (posterior with bad presentation) and after 16 hours stuck at 9 cm amped up on pit., had another c/s because baby was showing signs of stress.

My biggest fear is another posterior presentation. I'm sad that my previous midwives and OB didn't know how to turn a posterior baby and I'm hoping we can turn this one if he/she presents posterior to.

What I'm most excited about is having a water birth and being at home. We are going to rent one of those heated tubs. My SIL who is trained as a Doula is going to attend. Having had a homebirth before we have a pretty good idea of how things are going to go down. We just have to find a midwife we like who lives close enough to make it happen!
rumblepurr is offline   Reply With Quote