canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Sept 30th-Oct 6th

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson View Post
you can also tease the top of your hair a little that will give it volume
Yup. Although I don't ever tease mine - I shudder just imagining having to comb that out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
I finally went and got a hair cut for the first time since getting pregnant... And my cousin/hairdresser found a BUNCH of greys in the back, hiding on me! Eep! I'm too young for that, I swear!
Sucks to find out there's gray in there, eh? At least in the back you can't see them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
Oh! And I no-poo! I did the transition while on mat leave last year and just kept it in a pony tail.. It wasn't THAT bad.. Now I do a baking soda/vinegar rinse twice a week. My hair is so much better! Only, I find that while pregnant my body thinks I'm 14 again... Super greasy hair, face full of zits, and awful BO!
I've heard of no-poo'ers that only have to wash once every couple weeks - I'd love that!
Yes on the BO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea020611 View Post
I have great skin and hair while I'm pregnant and my nails get really strong. But I also get bad BO, so I might look good, but don't get too close

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
I did no-pooing for about two months. I am really sensitive to most sulfate and paraben free shampoos so I gave it a good try. Unfortunately it gave me super bad dandriff or something. No matter how much I scrubbed I would get flakey, greasy, itchy scalp. The last straw was when I was showering with DS and he got some vinegar in his eyes. I felt like the worst parent ever that day.

Right now I use some random shampoo bar from my health food store. It takes me for ever to wash my hair now, but I only wash it about 2-3 times a week. My hair stays nice and curly with much less frizz! And I have gotten it in _my_ eyes and it didnt send me into a painful rage.
Oh no, poor little guy! I really gotta get the guts up to try it one of these days - not putting it in my eyes, lol, but no-poo in general!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Every time I hear "no-poo" my knee jerk first thought is "constipation". ;P
HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
I'm 13 weeks tomorrow. Hard to say if I am feeling better. I know I managed about 12 hours of cleaning the old house over the past 2 days and managing that seems amazing. I sure hope it passes inspection. Took 3 hrs to do the kitchen. Ugh
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmmKira View Post
The fatigue is fading, thank God! I hate being so lazy in pregnancy, but it feels like I'm weighed down with bricks in the beginning. We got a ton cleaned and organized this weekend, so I'm thankful we are moving in the right direction.
Yup, I'm ready to have a clean and tidy house again. I've barely been getting the minimum done around here since m/s kicked in. Blah. But hopefully over the next couple weeks my energy will all return and the house will be back to normal.

AFM: Still exhausted come evening and can't stay awake past 9pm, but I'm feeling less and less , and it's hitting later and later in the day/evening now - so that's a step in the right direction!

DH was talking to FIL yesterday and FIL said he'll be here on Saturday!!! Can't wait! Saturday is actually our 11th anniversary, but I can't think of a better way to spend our day than moving their things into their new house! We'll get a chance to get away for a night when they're settled in and I'm feeling better (and able to stay awake, lol).
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote